Business & Policy Committee
The Business & Policy Committee is committed to advancing the economic, business and civic welfare of our Community.
The group hosts a quarterly Business Roundtable with Council and other opportunities to share your priorities with our City Leaders.
- The purpose of the committee is to proactively monitor policies & legislation that impact the business community
- Educate and advise the Chamber Board of issues or policies that require action
- Foster strong, respectful working relationships with Local & Regional Legislators
- Identify & hear from champions and experts on both sides of priority issues
- Meeting agendas are driven by group discussion & legislative priorities
- The efforts of the group represent a collective impact and not the singular interests of any one participant or company
Shane Jacksteit, Edward Jones
Michael Klein, State Farm
The Chamber is not a political action committee and does not endorse political candidates.
California Legislative Updates
California Fair Pay and Employer Accountability Act
California Fair Pay and Employer Accountability Act will repeal the Labor Code Private Attorney General Act (“PAGA”) and replace it with a more effective and efficient process for employees to recover unpaid wages and will also eliminate the abusive litigation employers have been dealing with for over the past ten years. CalChamber has made repealing PAGA a priority for 2022. The Sunnyvale Chamber has not taken a position.