Disposable Foodware Restrictions Begin June 1st
As of June 1, 2022, AB 1276 requires disposable foodware items only be provided upon request for delivery, take-out and dining in.
Disposable foodware items include:
- Stir sticks
- Condiment containers
- Cup spill plugs (splash sticks)
The following restrictions apply to on-site dining and orders taken in person or online:
- Disposable foodware items and condiments shall not be provided unless requested by customer.
- Disposable foodware items and condiments shall not be bundled – customers should have the choice of taking what they want.
- Restaurants using take-out and delivery services must list disposable foodware items on their menu.
- Customers must ask for stir sticks, cup spill plugs for hot drinks and straws when they order drinks.
- Restaurants may ask drive-through customers if they want disposable foodware items, but may not provide them without customer consent.
- Non-compliant businesses can be penalized.
Looking for more information?
- Visit the City of Sunnyvale website at https://www.sunnyvale.ca.gov/business-and-development/your-business-center/single-use-plastic-restrictions for more information. Escanee el código QR para obtener más información. 扫描二维码了解更多信息。
- Learn more about how the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce serves YOU at: https://www.svcoc.org/